Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Joys of Life

Well its been about a week since my last post & I can't fall behind because whelp...fun things occur everyday & you shouldn't miss out! :)

Item number one:
I work for Sandy City Recreation, right? right :) Well yesterday kicked off the first day of the soccer season. I've forgotten how cute the little kids are as they dress up in their uniforms and race after the balls. My favorite league to watch is the Pre-K (pre-school) children because they have no idea what is going on except that they need to kick the ball. Its pretty much jungle ball. I LOVE IT!
Item number two:

This past Thursday was my grandma's b-day. She turned the big 80 and she's a healthy as ever. We all gathered at a park near my Aunt DeAnne's house and had a nice dinner. Its always such a blast when we get together. I've also forgotten how BIG our family has become. There were kids running everyone, teenagers throwing balls and such & then the parents were preparing the food
and chatting as well. We sang "Happy Birthday" to my Grandma & also my Uncle Clair (because they share birthdays) and then my Grandma opened her gifts. She was so sweet and started crying after she saw that we gave her a nice scanner to help her with her genealogy. Bless her heart. She is one amazing grandma. I feel blessed to have such wonderful grandparents both here on this earth and on the other side. I'm so grateful to know that I'll be with my family
forever.
These are older photos & is only a fraction of my family on my mom's side but its better than nothing. :)

No comments: