Sunday, August 22, 2010

My Sweet Cousins

I love these girls so much & GUESS WHAT?! They are starting college this week! I'm so excited for both of them & know they will do great!! You know why?! Because they are my cousins! Shyanne (the one of the left) is going to Snow College & Amanda (obviously on the right) is going to BYU.
I thought I'd share some flashback photos of these beautiful girls with you:
I've been talking to both of them about how they feel about college and man I remember being in their shoes just a little bit ago. I remember feeling everything such as:
  • All my friends are all moving away.
  • I'm the only one living at home.
  • I don't want to replace my high school friends.
  • I'm scared for the homework load that college will bring.
  • I don't know anyone going to my school.
  • How do college students even act?!
  • What if I get lost on campus?
  • My guy friends leaving on missions and they'll be gone for 2 whole years!
And the list could go on & on. BUT now that I've been in college for 3 years I realize that college is FUN!!! Here's my 2 cents for some of my favorite cousins:
  • Don't be afraid to meet new people!
  • You will always have your high school best friends, don't worry! They will return to visit or you can visit them :)
  • Read your textbooks & study to the best of your ability.
  • Don't let the homework load get you down. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • Don't be afraid of your professors. Deep down they really want you to succeed. So feel free to talk to them.
  • Get involved at school. Go to dances, activities, tailgates, etc.
  • Be yourself! You don't have to be a serious college student. Its ok to have fun! :)
There you have it. If you need help with ANYTHING, you know my number. I love you girls!

1 comment:

shyanne said...

i love you so muchh brooke! its the perfect thing to read the night before college! your the best :)